You will need :
a colander, knife, a pot of simmering water, a gratin dish (shallow baking pan), measuring spoons, a measuring teaspoon
1. Wash a large bunch of chard. Cut the stems off the chard and simmer in water for 10 minutes.
2. Chop the leafy parts into small pieces and add to the water during the last minute of
simmering. Drain all of it in a colander...squeezing out the excess water.
3. Peel and chop a head of garlic.
4. In a fry pan...pour in some olive oil and some butter and saute the garlic...sprinkle with salt
pepper and a 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle pepper (if you like spicy)
5. When the garlic smells add the chard leaves and stems.....stirring it around.
6. Add 2 tsp. of flour and stir until dissolved, then slowly add a cup of milk; bringing it to a
7. Place in an oiled gratin dish. Top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and bake at 350'
for 20 minutes.